I admit it, I was late to the gluten free wagon. I had never (knowingly) tried a gluten free product. I didn’t even know what it meant, really. Then, my brother in law was found to be gluten intolerant, and suddenly family gatherings at my sister’s house became a gluten free food festival. My sister had to learn how to cook for her family in a pinch, and luckily for me, she was happy to share some gluten free recipes with me.
In the summertime, we are avid sandwich eaters. Anything I can quickly whip up and put into a bun, the better. Here are two delicious Gluten Free recipes for Chicken Salad!
Chicken Salad Recipe #1
- 1 whole precooked rotisserie chicken, deboned and sliced or shredded to 4 equal cups
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Spicy Brown Mustard
- - Sliced red onions, optional
- - Shredded lettuce, optional
1. In a large bowl, toss chicken, red peppers, carrots and cucumbers.
2. In another bowl mix Olive oil, Apple cider vinegar, and Spicy Brown Mustard into a vinaigrette.
3. Add vinaigrette to chicken and veggies, toss together.
Chicken Salad Recipe #2
- 1 whole precooked rotisserie chicken, deboned and cubed to 4 equal cups
- 1 Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Pepper Mayonaise
1. In a large bowl, toss cubed chicken salad, onions, and celery.
2. Add Pepper Mayo, and stir!
Now, I know what you are asking – If this is for a gluten free sandwich, What do I put this delicious chicken salad on?
Udi’s® Gluten Free Bread
Have you tried Udi’s® Gluten Free Bread yet? I hadn’t – until my sister served me some of this delicious chicken salad to me on their whole wheat hamburger buns! I was surprised at how flavorful the bread was, and for a gluten free bread the texture isn’t too far off from regular bread – and more surprising? My 6 year old niece didn’t even mind the switch to Udi’s either! I definitely recommend Udi’s gluten free bread products for anyone wanting or having to make the switch to gluten free sandwich making!
Win with Udi’s®!
Head on over to Udi’s Facebook page and play the BUNGO game! It’s easy! Fill in the board by answering a question or uploading a picture and earn points toward Udi’s Gluten Free bun coupons and other barbecue needs! Oh, and did I mention you will have the chance to win a $500 gift card to one of the following retailers: Home Depot, Williams-Sonoma, or Whole Foods? Yep! Just by spending time on Facebook (which I know you plan on doing today anyway!) and having some fun, you could win!